Who we are:
Jellynote is the go-to-destination for over 1 million aspiring musicians; a loyal community who enjoy everything making music through sheet music, tabs, chords, videos and to connect with one-another in the Jellynote universe.
We operate on Web, iOS and Android . We have around 1.5 million unique visitors each month, with traffic and revenues both growing at double digit rates.
Why we want you:
We are looking for a seasoned technologist, who can get up to speed quickly with our existing backend stack. Previous experience dealing with large MongoDB deployments and working knowledge of Python and C++ is required (preferably on Linux).
You will also lead the development efforts on the customer-facing products, so experience with modern web technologies (Rest, CSS3, ES6, CoffeeScript) is advantageous.
This is the perfect time to join a fast growing pre-Series A startup and step up to the CTO role.
What we are looking for in you:
· Ambitious all round software engineer
· Extensive experience in building and iterating back-end and web platforms, in B2C context
· The ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Great communications skills, English and French preferably
· Hands on and loving of the startup environment
· It’s a plus if you are a musician yourself and play one of our four main instruments (piano, guitar, bass, ukulele)
What you’ll be responsible for:
· Back end Architecture
· Developing new features
· Improving current functionality and speed of platform
· Imagine, code and deploy API’s
· Build the web applications
· Giving input to Management Team on development decisions such as application architecture, disaster recover and testing
· Working with a designer and product owner giving input and feedback on everything from UX to usability
· Communicating with the mobile teams to ensure the application and APIs work effectively
· Involved in backlog, planning and retrospective meetings as part of our Agile/Scrum product development framework
· Provide technical support to customer service teams
• Work as part of a close-knit company, most are passionate musicians
• Join an enthusiastic, collaborative team that cares deeply about the platform they create
• Work in a relaxed, flexible tech-startup atmosphere, where the outcome matters more than anything else
• Competitive salary, with possibilities of a serious bump if you can demonstrate CTO potential within 6-8 months
• We are looking for a candidate in Paris or London, but for the right candidate location is more an issue with logistics than a showstopper
How to apply: please send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with a few sentences on why you’d be perfect for this role.