Who we are:
Jellynote is the go-to-destination for over 1 million aspiring musicians; a loyal community who enjoy sheets, tabs and chords, original video content and the opportunity to connect with one-another in the Jellynote universe.
We operate on Web, Android and iOS. The apps have around 40,000 downloads each month, with traffic and revenues both growing at double digit rates.
Why we want you:
We are looking for an experienced Android engineer to join our established and growing team in Paris and London. We improve on our current offering every week, with new features to test and roll out regularly.
What you’ll be responsible for:
• Developing new features and improving current functionality on our Android application
• Giving input on development decisions such as application architecture and testing
• Working closely alongside another Android developer and with the whole development team
• Working with a designer and product owner giving input and feedback on everything from UX to usability
• Communicating with the backend team to ensure the application and APIs work effectively
• Involved in backlog, planning and retrospective meetings as part of our Agile/Scrum product development framework
What we are looking for in you:
• An extensive experience building and iterating Android applications, in B2C context
• A knowledge of Android framework
• A knowledge of JNI and C++ integration would be a plus
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Great communications skills
• An affinity for the startup environment
• It’s a plus if you are an aspiring musician yourself and play one of our four main instruments (piano, guitar, bass, ukulele)
• Work as part of a close-knit company, all passionate musicians
• Join an enthusiastic, collaborative team that cares deeply about the platform they create
• Work in a relaxed, flexible tech-startup atmosphere, where the outcome matters more than anything else
• Competitive salary